For those who don't know, we are expecting our fifth little bundle of joy this fall! We are very excited and are looking forward to adding to our family. The only damper is that prenatal care is very different out here. I am about 15 1/2 weeks along now, but I still don't have a doctor. Part of the problem is that many of the hospitals out here don't allow VBAC's (vaginal birth after cesarean). I was very disappointed when I found this out. There is a hospital up in South Bend that is supposed to still do them--so we are trying to find a doctor there. It is a larger hospital than here in Plymouth and so I would rather go there, anyway.
The kids are excited. They go back and forth with wanting a boy or a girl, so we are lucky no one will be disappointed!
The weather is starting to warmup here--which we are grateful for. Thursday we are supposed to get up to the mid 60's. Yeah! Last week we went to the art gallary in town because they were doing a display of some of the elementary school student's work. Zady had a picture displayed. It was a coloring of our apartment. Complete with a spaceship, alien, and cat outside!
The girls have been very aware of the situation in Japan. We have some friends that are living over there. Luckily they are in Tokyo and so missed the tsunami--we still worry about them with the radiation concern, though. The girls remember them in all of their prayers. Also, they never forget about their cousin, Zach. We all continue to pray that the Lord will grant the blessing of him regaining control of his body. It is encouraging to see the pictures and video that can show us some of his improvement. We continue to have faith that He is blessing them and that He has a plan for Zach.
We are all doing well and are looking forward to seeing all of you this summer!
Congratulations! I am so excited for you and your family! I had to find a dr. that would do vbac as well- so glad I did! I hope things work out for you. I didn't go to the dr. until I was 19 wks. I guess next time I'll still have to find a dr. that will do vbac, even though now I've already done it. Can't wait to here from you- email when you get a chance! We are doing well. Brady (my oldest) has had RSV this week, so it's been really nice having Richard's family here to help with him and Benson.
ReplyDelete