Yesterday we got some snow/sleet/rain mix. Today it is chilly and the girls and I "skated" to the bus stop. There was a film of ice on most of the surface, and a dualie (spelling?) truck was fish-tailing a little as he went by the stop. There is a stretch of road coming into our apartment that everyone (Jeff and I included) use to test the road conditions.
Jeff and I are grateful that we have a place to live, but sometimes to feel relieved to know your not going to be in the same place forever. Last wednesday, a Sheriff came to our apartment. He was looking for a different couple, but they had our address. I had never heard of their name before--and we still get a lot of junk mail for other tenants. Then, when I got back from the store on saturday night, three police cars drove up behind me. They even had their spotlights on me. I looked at them and then figured I would just get my groceries until one of the would yell for me to "get my hands up". Luckily, it didn't happen! They actually just asked where another apartment was. We didn't hear anything, but cops are not an uncommon sight around here. We will enjoy finding another place to live!
Our little family is well. We keep praying for little Zach. Even though I get sad at moments, I still feel so much optimism inside. I just feel that he is young enough for his body to regenerate the dead tissue or for his brain to make new connections that can overcome what has happened. I believe a miracle is in the making and it will take time! The Lord has blessed us with so much in these last days! I think nearly everyone in my family has had faith promoting experiences like this. We have quite a list of miracles and I think about them often. I'm grateful to have Scott, Emma, Ross, Ayden, Emily & Anthony, Jessica, Holly and the list just keeps going. I love all of you who happen to read this, and I am so grateful for families. They truely are central to Heavenly Father's plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment