So, the kids got out of school early on tuesday in preparation for the storm. Then they didn't have school on wednesday so people could dig out. Then they cancelled school on thursday because it was too frigid (wind chills were in the -10 to -20 range), and then they had a 2-hour late start on friday, also because of the wind chill.
As we went out to the bus stop we saw the bus approaching. Quickly, I yelled at the girls to run. Then we hit the snow. Now, up until this day, our management has been great at clearing the sidewalks. Not on friday. I was in the middle, literally dragging both Amelia and Zady as they kept falling in the snow. The whole time frantically telling them to keep moving! We had to make the bus! As I neared the end of the sidewalk, and the bus, I could see the bus driver smiling. I even think she was chuckling a little. We eventually made it and I told the bus lady thank you. I'm not sure she could understand me through my wheezing, though. I have to admit that winter is not my time to exercise and to suddenly make a sprint in the snow, dragging two girls, nearly did me in. I went home and laid on the couch for a minute. . .or two. . .hours.
I told the girls that I would meet them at school afterward and we would go to the book fair. I arrived at the school and found the parking lot nearly empty. I was baffled until a lightbulb clicked that fridays are early out day for us, too. Soooo, the girls had been waiting for nearly 45 minutes before I got there. Oh, well. They were ok.
We had fun as a family during our time of incarceration in our apartment. On thursday we ventured out to the snow pile in our parking lot. Then we moved over to the snow drifts and dug some tunnels. Ross especially loved crawling through them. I've decided that our apartment is in a wind swept area because some of our friends definitely have a lot more snow in their yards.
Today we had more snow this morning (unexpected) and are told by the weather people--that we are convinced do not know anything about weather here--that we will have more snow next week. This is supposed to be one of the snowiest winters in history. I think we are at about 100 inches so far.
Sorry to be so long winded. Thanks for all the phone calls and emails. We love you all!
P.S. I also wanted to mention that Ross turned 3 last month. It is always a special milestone for me to think about having him in our family. He definitely adds a new color to our palate!| Ross explores the first cave |
| Zady, Claire and Daddy digging |
| Amelia's Eye |
| Zady saying Hi |
Wow, that brings back memories of our kids digging tunnels in the snow here in Idaho. Glad you survived okay.
ReplyDeleteWe Love YOU ALL!!!