Fall Family Photo

Fall Family Photo

Saturday, June 2, 2012

"Pretty"

    Have you ever wondered what your Pyrex baking dish (or two) would look like shattered?  Wonder no more, because I have graciously demonstrated it for you!  Zady described it as "pretty".  I would describe it as me being stupid to put my dishes in cupboards that have a door on both sides.  I'm always amazed at how disasters happen in slow motion and you can't make yourself move fast enough to stop it.  Oh, well, I chalk it up to being a learning experience.


     This past month we also were blessed to have Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of 12 Apostles come and speak at our Stake Conference.  It was a very enjoyable experience and strengthened our testimonies of His apostolic calling.  About 45 minutes after returning home, the power glitched in our home.  We looked out the window and saw this tree had fallen across the road almost directly in front of our home.  It took them several hours to get it cleared.  Thankfully, we had power during the process.



    We also made it to the end of the school year.  Jeff's students finished on the 25th of May.  Which also happens to be his birthday.  None of his students knew it was his birthday until I went to his school with Ross and Collin.  We took him lunch and brought a birthday balloon.  Then, that night we had some members of our branch over for peach cobbler and ice cream.  It was a very relaxing evening outside.

The girls with their principal, Mr. Dunn

We picked the girls up from school the last day.  I helped with Claire's End-of-School class party, and then we had to pay for a book that Amelia has misplaced here at home.  Of course it was a nicer, hardback that cost $14, instead of the cheaper books that they have.  I'm still hopeful that it will turn up before the end of summer.  We are preparing for our trip out West.  We are very excited to see everyone!



2 comments:

  1. Yay for end of the year! That's one good thing about being a teacher family--fun times during the summer to make up for the absentee parent during the year.

    When are you coming out here? I'll be at Girls Camp June 11-15, but I hope I'll get to see you sometime after then?!? Can't wait to meet your new little guy and see the girls again.
    -Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Pyrex glass...I broke mine after putting it on a burner on the oven that I didn't realize was on!

    We're also so excited school is out and our trip is near! Any great ideas on keeping the kids occupied, besides movie after movie?

    ReplyDelete