Fall Family Photo

Fall Family Photo

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Break

I have loved having the girls home from school this past week.  Amelia and Zady have begun one of those simple cross-stitch Christmas Ornaments.  They have really enjoyed learning how to do it.  Zady is still trying to get the hang of it, but Amelia is cruising on hers.
Tuesday the power went out in our building for almost two hours.  It did start to get cold, but no matter how much I told the girls to get extra sweaters and socks on, they didn't.  And they were ok with it!
Yesterday our apartment had a Christmas Party-Open-House.  The kids got to sit on Santa's lap.  They understood that it was not the real Santa, but sat on his lap anyway.  Ross, of course, kept running away, but eventually talked with him.  He showed Santa that they both had black boots and then he got his M&M candycane.
The girls are very excited to be counting down to Christmas.  They know they get to open one of Grandma&Grandpa Michaelis gift Christmas Eve--they love getting new pj's!
I'm trying to post some pictures for the first time.  Here are the girls and their gingerbread houses.  The other girls in the picture are Lauren and Allison Bertasso.  Their parents, Matt and Julie, went to college with us and are a big reason we are out here.
Zady is decorating here.  All the girls liked using the frosting set G Michaelis sent us.

This is the back of Zady's house.  I thought it was great.
 This is from our Branch Christmas Party.  Jeff-shepherd, Amanda-musician:), Amelia-sheep, Zady-donkey, Claire-pig, and Ross-cow. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love the big family picture, and I love the blog!! We miss you so much here in the Canyon View 5th. We get regular updates from your mom, but it's nice to see pictures and hear about the little daily things you're doing. We had a good Christmas, too, although Abby was sick as a dog.

    Your gingerbread houses are so cute and how fun that you got to be in the Christmas Pageant. You can tell Zadie that Shay was a donkey, too. And Abby heads to Primary this week!! They grow up so fast.

    I'm adding your blog to my google reader. I'll send you an email with my blog address, although I don't update it as much as I used to. Love you and miss you!
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete