Fall Family Photo

Fall Family Photo

Monday, January 9, 2012

Unusually Warm January!

This winter has been warmer than usual.  I guess the whole country has been that way.  Today Plymouth will be in the upper 40's and maybe 50 tomorrow before dipping down and snowing again.  Maybe this snow will stick around.  The last snow we got was just enough for Jeff and the girls to make a small snowman--a LEAFY, small snowman!
We are all doing pretty well right now.  Ross and Claire had ear infections this last week, and Jeff had a sinus infection.  But, we are at the end of the medication and they all seem to be feeling better.
I was recently called as the Young Women's President in our branch (I don't have any counselors, yet).  We have 3 young women and only 1 of those regularly comes to church.  It is definitely new for me, since the YW program I grew up in had about 30-40 girls.  I do love the girls and hope that the Spirit can help them to come closer to their Father in Heaven.  Jeff is still in the middle of basketball and so I have to take the kids with me to our activity nights.  But, I am very grateful for my kids.  They aren't perfect by any means, but they do try to be good at the church.  It also helps for me to put a movie on for them!
Our family is trying to keep up with our Roper Family Scripture Reading Challenge.  I just finished the book of Ether.  I am always amazed that the Jaredites could be so hard-hearted that they completely destroy themselves!  But, then Jeff and I talk about our day today, and I am almost amazed the the Lord hasn't given us harsher punishments for all the wickedness going on today.  Maybe he is holding off for the sake of the "few righteous", like with Lot and his family.  I love to read and learn from the Book of Mormon.  Amelia has been a great inspiration as she reads and asks me questions.  The kids are also good about reminding us to read as a family.
Nothing else is new during these dreary months of January, February, and March.  We look forward to having my sister Kelly come visit this month with her girls, and then we will go to her place for Spring Break.  It is nice to be close to her.
I hope all is well with everyone else.  We love to hear from all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda--could you email us a copy of the picture on your header? We'd love to print it out and put it with the other cousin pictures we have on our fridge. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read your posts. Keeping us updated is so wonderful as we are so far away. LOVE YOU ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete